Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Things are looking up!!

Elliott was right.....the 11th hour. Today I got ahold of the Consulate and they did indeed have our passports, the man I talked to was very nice and he made sure they got done today and picked up by express mail this afternoon.....they are now in transit back to us. The plane tickets are also now in transit by UPS. The ticket printer in Seattle was still down and waiting for a part so they reissued our tickets...get this...in Vancouver WA and sent them out from there. We got a hotel reservation at a hotel near our agencies office and our itinerary that says we are to meet Olivia on Monday morning at 9:00am at her orphange and have a going away party with her and her friends!! The official "Giving and Receiving" ceremony is scheduled for 2:00 TUESDAY afternoon and she will legally become our daughter. From then on we'll be processing immigration stuff...her VN passport and her American Visa (an IR-3 so that she will become an American citizen when she hits US soil). Our agency is planning that I may have to stay an extra 4 days but will work on getting us out of there sooner if at all possible once we get there. Elliott will have to leave on the 3rd no matter what. I still have packing to finish and a hundred last minute errands.

No comments: