Ha Thi Nien becomes.......


Olivia Kathleen Nien Brubaker!
OK so it only turns out to be one day early....but one day is one day! We have a flight out tomorrow night, yeah!!! Today we had our visa interview with the US Embassy and all went well. The woman who interviewed us was very interested in the story of her as she said it was highly unusual that anyone in her birth family was at all found but she received an all clear for her citizenship. Tomorrow at 4 pm we pick up Olivia's passport with her USA Visa in it, fly out tomorrow night and as soon as we land in Chicago she becomes a US citizen!!! YEAH!!!
Thanks for all your prayers....keep them up through our flights (3 total....27 hours of travel). We'll let our family know the details of our arrival and would love to see anyone who wants to meet us at the airport. Please understand that Olivia will probably not get out of my arms but she seems to love an audience for her antics so all are welcome.
Right now we are listening to fire crackers going off outside our window as people are already starting to celebrate TET. The town is getting more crowded and our hotel manager seemed happy when we said we would be leaving tomorrow. His response was, "thank you for staying with us, we enjoyed having you. We could now use your room for new guests!".....what exactly does that mean???? Actually all the hotel staff has been wonderful, very helpful, and very kind. I would recommend this hotel to any adoptive families ( I'm afraid it is expensive.....at least now with TET approaching, but quiet and as I said before, their help with Olivia has been incrediable... translating, helping us figure out what to feed her, providing us with extra bottled water, the hotel doctor, the list goes on and on).
So on to the next chapter of our lives.....and Olivia to another new beginning. We have learned a great deal through this process and I'm sure that God is not done revealing himself to us through this little girl. If your heart has ever stirred toward the orphans of this world we'd love to talk to you......a child in need of the love of a family is waiting...
6 comments:
Congratulation!!!! Yeah!!! We look forward to your homecoming. I'm guessing you will arrive sometime Fri am MN time. We'll be praying for you and I hope to be there. Veronica
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!!!!!! I am so happy that things have gone so smoothly in Vietnam. Who would have thought that you would be coming home early when we were so worried about you having to stay longer!!!! I can not wait to meet Olivia-Nien! We now will keep praying for an uneventful and safe trip home!!!! See you Friday!!!
Love,
Lea-Ann & Jon and gang
Oh Rebecca....what a blessing! That little girl is so blessed and I know she will be a blessing to all of us as she has been to you. Her nails are beautiful too! Thank you Lord for all you have done! We look forward to seeing all you here in the frozen tundra...God bless your travels...Hugs! Meg
Wonderful news! I hope your flights go smoothly...Olivia, think sleepy, sleepy thoughts...
Rebecca,
There is a transit hotel in the airport in Seoul. I don't know what it costs, but, I really really wish we had known about it, since Lan didn't sleep on the flight from Hanoi to Seoul. I hope Nien sleeps! (I will pray for that!)
Keeping you in my thoughts,
Gretchen
After a whole year of waiting and waiting, it only seems right that you get to come home early! We are so happy for you. Olivia Nien is adorable and our girls can't wait to meet her. Have a safe flight, we will pray for you.Think about us too as we go to Committe for another daughter in China. God Bless, Kelli and Family
Post a Comment